GATECRASH is a consulting agency specialized in touring international bands in India, curating Indian and international acts for Festivals and events and managing music-related projects. Our main concern is to support the growing independent music scene in India, with a special focus on promoting and developing jazz initiatives.
Before founding GATECRASH in July 2012, Emmanuelle de Decker has worked on various music projects in Paris, Tangier, Dublin, Seoul and Kolkata, and handled live music programming at blueFROG, a music venue in Mumbai & Delhi.
IN THE PRESS!
Get ready to watch a rocking performance by kids from Dharavi, Mid-Day, 02.02.2017
Portrait Emmanuelle de Decker, Humans of Music, 17.01.2017
The Jazz Evangelist!, oHeraldo, 10.12.2016
« Musicalement, l’Inde bouge très vite », Blog de la SACEM, 26.08.2016
In conversation: Emmanuelle de Decker, Artistic Director, Nariyal Paani, Everything Experiential, 27.06.2016
Jazz gets a French twist in Mumbai, radioandmusic.com, 22.06.2016
Cœur de Jazz, Indes, March-April 2016
Swing à Bollywood, L’Express Reussir, Jan-Feb 2015
Emmanuelle de Decker, manager d’artistes en Inde, La Croix, 25.10.2013
10 French people shaping Mumbai, CNN Travel, 04.03.2011
- Between 2008 and 2012, programmed and organized hundreds of concerts at the music venue blueFROG, among which: John McLaughlin, Angelique Kidjo, Raul Midon, Richard Bona, Mike Stern, Bill Evans, Joshua Redman, Nitin Sawhney, Talvin Singh, Erik Truffaz, Sylvain Luc, Bugge Wesseltoft, Zuco 103, Grand Pianoramax, Etienne Mbappe & Su La Take, Fredy Massamba, Les Boukakes; and programmed the SULAFEST 2012 (music festival in Nashik)
- Curated international artists for the Bengali film TASHER DESH by Q (2011)
- Head of events for the record label SAREGAMA HMV (2007)
- Deputy director and cultural coordinator for the ALLIANCE FRANCAISE DE CALCUTTA (2004-2006)
- FESTIVAL DE L’IMAGINAIRE, Maison des Cultures du Monde in Paris (2004)
- Tour manager for the Afghan band MAHWASH & THE ENSEMBLE KABOUL (2003)
- French Cultural season for the FRENCH EMBASSY in Seoul, South Korea (2001-2002)
- Mediterranean Nights Festival in Tangier, Morocco (2001)
- Dublin Jazz Festival, Ireland (2000)
Thank you to all the people without whom Gatecrash would not have been possible: